Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

A Crayon Solution

In special area classes students don't always need supplies like pencils, crayons and scissors.  Since my students need them often, I've tried several different ways to store them and organize them.  I need soething that allows students to be able to get them quickly and pack them up even faster.  For the last 10 years or so I've used zipper seal sandwich baggies.  They work well, but I change them out a couple of times a year because they get worn or germy or something.

This year I'm trying something new-travel soap boxes!  I picked mine up at Wal-Mart because it seems like I am there all time, but I am sure you can find them in other places too.  A box of 24 crayons fits perfectly!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. That...is a genius idea, Tracy!!! Thanks for sharing! I needed an idea like this!!! Currently, I've got my crayons divided out by color in their own little baskets and to save time, I would put all the little baskets on a "tray" (lid of a container) and "serve" them in the middle of the carpet for the kids to go get. However, that feeling of..."Oh boy...they're going to smash their heads into each other as they go get the crayons" would always happen and then I'd suck up even more time by having to say, ok.....when I tap you, go get 3 crayons, etc. This is super - and I'm-a-gonna-do-it! So thanks!!! :) Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great idea!! I always struggle with this because the boxes don't hold up and we have crayons everywhere. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear how these work and hold up throughout the year. I didn't know they could fit so many crayons! I used plain, old Solo cups for passing out manipulatives and supplies. They were easy for the kids to grip. Plus they could throw everything back into them pretty quickly for clean-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did these hold up through the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty good! The first year I used them I had one out of about 30 that had a broken latch. After the second year I only lost one more and that was because it was dropped and cracked. I've been very pleased with them.

      Delete
  5. Tracy you are a genius once again! GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete