Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

What's on my desk?


What's on my desk?  Well, it's concert week.  Double concert week, so some unusual things.  Let's take a peek!
1.  Elsa.  Yep, that's her.  I bought her mostly because my daughter lives and breathes Frozen, but also because I thought she might be fun to put in the lobby where parents will pick up programs.  I don't think I'm going to do that now.  I think everyone will touch her.  I don't want her broken!
2.  Christmas Decorations-leftover from my bulletin board in the hallway.
3.  Folders of  Stuff-papers sorted by days, papers to grades, manipulatives, etc..
4.  Plates-Seriously.  I have a thing for plates.  The red and blue ones with the star are from a patriotic concert that I did.  We used them as practice plates before we got our snowflake plates in.  First graders are doing a plate routine to "Let it Go".  (Thus...the Elsa I was considering.)
5.  Kleenex - Because teaching in an elementary school this time of the year is like swimming in a slime pond of germs.

6.  A Pickle and a Cookie - No.  I am not pregnant, but the art teacher recognized my stress level topping out earlier this week and bought me a Diet Mt. Dew (my favorite!) and a cookie.  The pickle is from our concession stand.  It seemed like a good idea.
7.  Apparently I like to have a variety of drink choices available at all times.  *giggle*
8.  Concert Book - For each concert/performance I create a binder to hold music, seating charts, special parts, etc...  If I lose this, the show will NOT go on.  :-)

  9.  Some Stupid Frog - That was taken away from someone that was flinging it at someone.
10.  A messy stack of papers to take somewhere else.
11.  Phones- My cell phone (I use it as a timer quite often because it can't actually get calls IN the building.) and my school phone.  I am so thankful that I can now call outside numbers on this phone and not just in the building.  Efficiency!
12.  Fan - Okay...I am one big, sweaty woman and after dancing around for half an hour with each class I get a bit warm.  :-)
13.  Miscellaneous Pens - And most of them even WORK!
14.  Poker Chips - We use them for notes on the staff, but today I gave them to students I caught doing something great and let them get a treat from the treat box when we were finished rehearsing.  Fun!
15.  My Computer - It's my stereo, video player, SmartBoard controller, assistant teacher....hero.  :-)
I'm linking my pal, Mrs. Tanenblatt to take a peek at other teacher desks!  Click the link to see more.
 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your cookie, pickle, and variety of drinks. It's not far off of what I used to keep on my desk, minus the pickle (though I do love them). It's hard to keep snacks off the desk when kids were always bringing treats from their birthdays or class parties. Most of the time I didn't mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing style. You have such a fun sense of humor! My favorites are 9 and 12. LOL. Thanks for linking up!

    Rachel Tanenblatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be sharing your "Let it Go" plate routine? I love using plastic plates - they are an easy, cheap visual that really grabs the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Except I'd have to clean mine before I could post a picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete